Last updated: September 26, 2016.
Florida Military Financial Alliance may provide other online interfaces not covered by this Notice. If you visit or access your services from one of these sites, please review the online privacy practices of that site to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
Collecting and Using Information
Registration and Other Information Provided to Us
Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- collected through our social media pages and other online interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- to allow you to utilize features within our Sites by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services
How Personal Information is Shared
We do not share Personal Information without your prior consent.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. The site may not load or display properly. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
- Flash objects: As part of our solutions for online authentication, we use Flash objects (sometimes referred to as “Local Shared Objects”) to help us recognize you and your device when you come back to the Site. For our pages running Adobe® Flash® content (demos and tutorials with moving content), we use Flash objects to determine your browser type and version of Adobe Flash in order for you to view the content. We do not use Flash objects for any online behavioral advertising purpose. Deleting cookies does not delete Flash objects. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to control and disable them – through the Adobe interface. If you hoose to disable Flash objects from our Site, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Site or benefit from the information and services offered.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, advertising, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for the purpose of the Alliance our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Third party widgets – We may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Sites where these widgets are placed. You may wish to review information at the third party site, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat such information. Also, see Linking to other sites and Social media sites below.
Retargeting – As you browse https://www.flmfa.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
Third-Party Web Beacons – We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo! click here or visit http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html.
You acknowledge and agree that the SMS Service is provided via wireless systems which use radios (and other means) to transmit communications over complex networks. You must have a two way text-enabled phone with compatible carrier and plan. Compatible major carriers include Alltel Wireless, AT&T, Boost Mobile, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile USA. We do not guarantee that your use of the SMS Service will be private or secure, and we are not liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the SMS Service. We may also access the content of your account and wireless account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems and service-related complaints.
You may remove your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by replying or sending “STOP”, “END”, “QUIT”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, or “CANCEL” to the Company.
Florida Military Financial Alliance uses information described in this Notice to help advertise our products and services in a variety of ways. We use such information to:
- Present tailored ads, to you including:
- Banner ads and splash ads and other mobility applications
- E-mail, postal mail, and telemarketing, and,
- On other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with Florida Military Financial Alliance;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our ads; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services
How we tailor ads:
Relationship based advertising
In order to help make our advertising informative and useful, we may use information about your relationship with us (such as types of services, transactional information or the state in which you reside) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Sites, such as pages visited and search key words entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information for specific purposes by advertising service providers. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising, which we may feel will be a benefit to you.
Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Florida Military Financial Alliance may contract with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use Aggregated and De-identified Data and information provided by you to these third party sites and mobile apps to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third Party sites and mobile apps are not subject to Florida Military Financial Alliance Privacy Notices. Please visit the individual sites and mobile apps for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt out policies.
Online Behavioral Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted Personal Information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads. To learn more about this practice and your choices in connection with it, see the section Advertising Choices below.
You may set your choices for advertising in the following ways:
Online Behavioral Advertising: If you prefer that we not use information based on online Site behavior to provide online and offline tailored content and advertising, you may opt out of online behavioral advertising by emailing us your request at email@example.com.
In order for online behavioral advertising opt outs from our Sites and on other sites to work on your device, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access our Site or other sites from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. If your browser has scripting disabled, you do not need to opt out, as online behavioral advertising technology does not work when scripting is disabled. Please check your browser’s security settings to validate whether scripting is active or disabled.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party sites. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by Florida Military Financial Alliance, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. Florida Military Financial Alliance does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Social media sites
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important. If your information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please email or write to us at the appropriate address for changes listed on your service materials as provided by us.
In the event that Florida Military Financial Alliance goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The Alliance only services Service members, Veterans and their families as well as community partner agencies serving this population in Florida.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that Florida Military Financial Alliance has received information from a child or other person who is not a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our e-mail or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Protecting individual health information
To the extent that we receive, maintain, or process an individual’s protected health information, Florida Military Financial Alliance may disclose that information as authorized by and in accordance with applicable federal and/or state law.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.